Monday, October 3, 2011

I’m Angela AKA Bubblyfish on the UK Amazon Kindle Forum at Good reads. I’ve enjoyed reading all the interviews so far so thought that I should contribute also.

I’m a 58 year old accountant from Dorset (originally born in Yorkshire and raised in Africa). We run our own family accountancy and IT business. Husband writes bespoke accounting systems, son installs and upgrades computer hardware for clients and I help with tech support and preparing client’s VAT returns and accounts. We also have a villa in Florida (where we’re currently residing for September/October) and which we rent out during the times we’re not there to help defray the costs.

1.What genre do you prefer to read?
I mostly read mystery, suspense, thrillers, adventure and historical romance but since getting my Kindle earlier this year I’m up to trying almost anything.

2.Is there a favourite book you’ve read more than a few times because you found the story so engrossing?
No I mostly just read books once over because I remember the whole plot as soon as I start reading again. Give me a few more years and I’ll be able to start all over again though!

3.Do you read paperbacks or ebooks more?
Used to be paperbacks but now I use my Kindle most of the time although I generally have a paperback on the go as well.

4.If you have an ereader has your reading increased or changed in any way?
I do believe that my reading has increased as the Kindle is just so convenient and I never run out of reading material while on a plane now.

5.Have you ever thought of penning a book yourself?
Yes but daren’t as I’m sure I couldn’t create anything as good as the books already out there.

6.What makes a book an absolute must read in your eyes? Is it characterisation or plot that’s more important?
Characterisation, plot and reviews. Also I now like a book to be available in Kindle format so I can just add it to my collection.

7.In the ebook world what do you consider is the best way to grab a reader's attention?
A good, honest summary and an interesting and descriptive picture can be helpful. Yes I know the cover shouldn’t affect decision but I have to say that with paperbacks it would often be the cover that caught my attention in the bookstore unless it was by one of my favourite authors.

8.Name 6 authors you’d invite to dinner.
Steve Robinson, Richard North Patterson, Eckhart Tolle, Wilbur Smith, Jodi Picoult, Taylor Caldwell.

9.If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you take with you?
Husband, Kindle and sunscreen.


Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment