Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Another great reader interview.

I’m Graham Reynolds, 62, English, retired from a profession in the building industry. I read and travel quite a lot hence the purchase of a Kindle.
1. What genre do you prefer to read?
Adventure, action, detective, military history, Harry Potter, spies, travel books.
2. Is there a favourite book you’ve read more than a few times because you found the story so engrossing?
All the Jack Reacher books by Lee Child. After a few months I can reread anything with only the vaguest recollection of reading it before, it’s one of the advantages of getting older.
3. Do you read paperbacks or ebooks more?
At the moment paperbacks but that could soon change as I get used to my Kindle.
4. If you have an ereader has your reading increased or changed in any way?
Not yet.
5. Have you ever thought of penning a book yourself?
I tried but I got stuck with the plot and now realise it was rubbish anyway.
6. What makes a book an absolute must read in your eyes? Is it characterisation or plot that’s more important?
Quite frankly it’s usually the author I look for first, then the plot.
7.In the ebook world what do you consider is the best way to grab a reader’s attention?
Plot summary. Price.
8. Name 6 authors you’d invite to dinner.
Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, Winston Churchill, Bernard Cornwell, JK Rowling, Dean Koontz.
9. If you were stranded on a desert island what three items would you take with you?
MP3 player, Kindle, Shotgun.

No comments:

Post a Comment